Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Field trip at the planetarium in Manhattan...!!!






















Yesterday, I went to a field trip in New York city with a club's professors and friends. I thought there were going to have a lot the people on this trip. However, there were only few people. I was so surprised. There were only 10 students and 3 or 4 teachers. We went to the planetarium by bus. The bus was very big and comfortable. we could sit wherever we wanted to sit because there were many space to sit. So my classmates and I all sat at the back of the bus. I sat next to kay. Litbeth, keyri, and Axel sat next to each other. Then the bus left the college around 2 :30 p:m. While the bus was moving, Kay and I were sleeping. We arrived at the planetarium about 3:50. After that, the teacher went to buy the tickets for the show. The show was around 4:30p:m. While we were waiting for the show, We were walking around the museum. When I walked around, i saw many different kinds of planets. Each planet, there was a scale next to it. When you stood on the scale, there was no gravity. I mean the gravity was a zero. About 4:30, we went to see the show. The name of the show was the comic collision.It was about the planet case. The show was very exciting and interesting. When I was sitting and watching the show, I felt like the chair was moving. Also, I felt like I was on the space going to the moon and platnets. The show was only 30 minute. It wasn't too long. I wanted to watch more than that. Then, we went to see the christmas tree. The bus driver dropped us somewhere near the christmas tree. The professor told us to walk around and had something to eat for 2 hours. And then we would meet up at the same place around 8:15p:m. Kay and I were walking aroung the city together. We were taking a lot of pictures. After that, we went to eat food. By the way,we had a really hard time to find a restaurant, because we went to the wrong area. However, we got something to eat. After we finished our dinner, we went back to the place that we were going to meet other people. While we were walking back, we saw a lot of restaurants, and they had a lot of seats. Kay and I were laughing about that. Oh before we went back to the bus, we went to starbuck and sitting there for 20 minute. Finally, we went back to the bus, and the bus took us to NCC. We arrived at NCC around 9:35p:m. It was extremely cold yesterday.However, I had a lot of fun. I think i had a cold today..cuz i feel crappy..

1 comment:

Elaine Soffer said...

Thanks for the great description of the trip. It sounds like a fun day despite the weather. It's too bad about the restaurant problem. There aren't many places in Manhattan without restaurants, but I guess you were just unlucky. I'm as surprised as you were that there weren't more students on the trip. Next time, encourage everyone to go!