Sunday, November 23, 2008

Dating customs in my country...listening lab!!

Dating custom is very important and serious issues in my country, especially because parents want to get involve with that. Most of people in my country start dating when they are around 20 or older, but I'm not quiet sure about this information, though. when people have a date , they usually go to their houses or some restaurants. If they go to their houses, they will visit their parents and bring something for their parents, such as food, fruits, Souvenirs etc.. Then the parents will get to know them and invite them for dinner. After that, they will start to know each other. However, some of parents won't like some of them because of families backgrounds and education issues. Most parents in my country want their children to have a good husband or wives because they can take care of their children in the future. I think most people in my country can be alone on a date, but they usually tell their parents when they go out. In addition, dating in my country is totally different from the U.S. In here you can kiss each other in publice places, However, in my countrty if people are doing that in publice places , it will be strange for other people around them. I have no reason for that..it's just traditional.

3 comments:

Elaine Soffer said...

This is interesting. Your dating customs definitely seem to involve parents and families more than most American dating customs do. Do most people date many people before getting married, or do people usually just select a person to date carefully and then marry that person?

bifern0707 said...

yes we do..but some of them try to break the traditions now.

People used to select a person to date carefully and then marry that person. However,I think they aren't doing that anymore.

bifern0707 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.